In this experiment, You have to use the POE thinking routine approach to learn about the temperature change in 2 scenarios.
- Predict by sketching the possible relationships between Temperature against time for BOTH scenarios. Indicate any intersections, turning points and any other possible characteristics based on your prediction.
- You are given 40 minutes to do prediction, experiments, discussions and uploading of presentation on the S3-05 class Math blog (create a new page). You have to decide on the time and task management.
- Follow the format of your Presentation for BOTH scenarios as shown below.
- Post your PREDICTION in the Class mathematics blog.
- Include a Sketch (you may use any sketching tools) and
- a brief writeup of the Predicted mathematical model Example. Quadratic with a maximum turning point at ...(BEFORE THE EXPERIMENT)
- Conduct the scenario and OBSERVE patterns, unusual phenomena /patterns /observations (if any). You may repeat it a few times.
- Do a screen capture and post your experimental findings and
- identify the Mathematical model(s) that best suit the graphical function(s). example Linear from 0-4 s and then Quadratic etc.
- EXPLAIN your Prediction and Observations by posting the following in your blog.
- Compare and contrast the predictions with the actual results, are there any significant differences? Why?
- What are the characteristics of the graphs?
- a. the slope from start to finish (steeper, gentler)
- b. intersections with axes (if any)
- c. possible turning point (if any)
- d. any asymptote?
- e. And any other evidence